The Self is Bliss
Venue: Mt. Adams Guler Trout Lake County Park,18 Park Road Trout Lake, WA 98650. Click here for a PDF Map
Text: The Self is Sat (Existence) - Chit (Consciousness) - Ananda (Bliss). This popular seminar unfolds the Bliss 'aspect' of the Self. It is based on the last five chapters of Vidyaranya's Panchadasi (Inquiry into Existence) and the Narada Bhakti Sutras (The Yoga of Love).
Seminar by Donation
Sunday August 18 - Introduction: 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Daily from Monday 19 - Friday 23
1st Session: 9: 30 - 10:30 am
2nd Session: 11:00 - 12:00 pm
3nd Session: 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
4th Session: 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
For more information contact Sundari: Sundari.firstname.lastname@example.org
There is a small grocery store in the little town, a coffee shop and one restaurant. There is a regular grocery store 30 min away by car.
The closest airport is Portland Oregon. It is then a 2 hour drive. Here is a link to see a map of the campsite:
If you arrive by car please bring your own chair. If you are flying in from the US or abroad please let us know and we will reserve a chair for you.
If coming East on Interstate 84, Cross the bridge over the Columbia river at Hood River towards Wa, White Salmon. Take a left on Wa 14, then after 1.5 miles, take a right on Wa 141 ALT. Go 19 miles to Trout Lake. Keep left at the gas station at the Y, then left on Jennings Rd at the Post Office, then right on Park rd. The park is on your left.
Lodging in the Trout Lake Area:
(1) Trout Lake Valley Inn:
Call: 509-395-2300. Website: troutlakevalleyinn.com
(2) Serenity's B&B: Five Cabins ranging from $100-$280/night. No discounts.
Call: 509-395-2500. Website: serenitys.com
(3) Kelly's B&B: 3 rooms from $75 to $85
Call: 509-395-2769. Website: kellysbnb.com
(4) Trout Lake Country Inn: All are $65/night.
Call: 509-395-3667. No website
(5) Trailhead B&B: 3 rooms from $80 to $125
Call: 509-395-2205 No website
(6) Trout Lake Abbey: A Thiền Buddhist retreat and Spiritual center that is also a B&B. They have 4 rooms with beds ranging from $93 to $126/night, ova-vegan breakfast included. 10% discount on more than 7 days. Also a co-ed hostel is available for $45/night.
(7) The Trout Lake Grocery Store. They have 3 separate rooms w/bath with double beds at $45/night. These rooms are quaint and clean and at these rates are good deal. No Breakfast though.
(8) For information on recreational activities, housing and motels, contact the Ranger District: Mt. Adams Ranger District. 2455 Highway 141, Trout Lake, WA 98650.
Phone: 509-395-3400; TTY: 360-891-5003.